Tuesday, September 4, 2012

School Woes

Olive and I had our first day of school today. It went alright for me but not for my sister. I guess Olive brought her Blue (from Blues Clues) stuffed animal to school, in her backpack. Somehow Blue accidentally fell out, along with everything else in her backpack, and before I knew it, some of the other kids found out and began making fun of Olive! I saw her eyes fill with tears :(. There were a few girls that didn't laugh-I'm glad they didn't. The teacher was out of the room, making copies of a worksheet, when it happened.

A little while after we got home from school, I looked out my window and saw Olive throw Blue in the garbage can. Then I heard her bedroom door slam shut. Neither of us have watched Blues Clues for years but Olive loves her Blue. Dad gave her Blue for Christmas when we were little. And Olive and Dad were really close.

I hope tomorrow goes better.

Love,
Aimee

P.S. I grabbed Blue from the trash before it began to rain. I don't want my sis to regret tossing her out over some stupid, mean comments.

5 comments:

  1. That was sweet of you to get Blue out. I can't believe how rude people are these days.

    Your Friend,
    Jody Hancock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee,

    Aww, that's horrible! I'm so sorry the other kids teased Olive about her stuffed animal. I know I was so afraid of being teased when I first arrived at FHSG that I hid my doll, Mathilde, in my trunk, refusing to pull her out. It's only been recently that I decided to pull her out and display her on my bed. Like Olive, I've a strong attachment to the doll because a relative - in my case, my grandfather - gave her to me.

    I hope things start to get better for Olive and you, too. You'll make friends in no time, I just know it.

    Sophie

    P.S. Bake some cookies to pass out at school, and you'll have an instant friend! Just trust me on that one. xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats soo sad! Good that you picked up Blue Aimee :))) I also have 2 stuffed toy! One is Blue boy another is Blue giant :p I love them both! :) :) :) :) Loved your blog,didn't find a JOIN THIS SITE BUTTON button so couldn't follow you,please follow my blog at:http://aggirlforever.blogspot.in/ ~Mckenna Brooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry that your sister got teased, that is so sad and hurtful. Let her know that we care and do not think it is childish or wrong to have something like that in your life. I have my two dolls and flamingo that Jan got me on our first cruise.

    I decided though a long time ago not to care what others think, but it is easier for me as I am home schooled and have 10 sisters, one aunt, and one brother, to be friends and open with. They all do not judge anyone.

    So you have friends too and let Olive know that she has us too.

    Smiles,
    Marsali

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was soo mean of the others to pick on Olive. You're never too old to have a special stuffed animal. I have a stuffed Dalek my Dad got me when he was on duty in England last year and if something happened to him and Mum and I had to move I'de probibly do the same thing and bring Exie (Yes, I named my stuffed Dalek a variation on EXTERMINATE) to schoo.

    Give her a hug and tell her to stay strong for me.

    -Claudia.

    ReplyDelete